If you are a gamer who uses Ubuntu, please add information about the games you run on Linux and the process you used to configure it (with your graphics card). If you have the any requests regarding games or a gaming-related query, add it to this page or join us at #ubuntu-in on irc.freenode.net. You can also join the ubuntu-in mailing list and ask there.
Happy Fragging :)
Third Party ApplicationsEdit
- Installing and using the Cedega emulator for running Windows based games
- Wine Emulator for running Windows based games
NOTE: Some games may be available only in repositories for latest version of Ubuntu.
- foobillard is a good Billiard game using OpenGL. Available in universe.
- frozen-bubble available in universe. It uses SDL.
- lincity is a city simulation game available in universe repository. lincity-ng is the clone with more polished graphics.
- openarena - A free replacement for Quake 3 Arena. Available in universe.
- supertux - A treat for Super Mario lovers with Tux as central character. Available in universe.
- tremulous, a FPS using OpenGL. Available in universe.
- wesnoth - Battle for Wesnoth is a turn based strategy game. Various campaigns are available for single player game. Can also be played on network. Available in universe.
- American Army Operations(FPS) on Ubuntu
- Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory,(FPS) on Ubuntu
- Cube (FPS) on Ubuntu
- Steam, Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike 1.6 and Source with Wine on any GNU/Linux distro, for help on gaming on AMD64, contact Sanket Medhi.
Configuring graphics CardsEdit
- Configuring ATI Radeon (7000 to 9200) Graphics Cards on Ubuntu Check this link first.
- Configuring ATI Radeon (9300 and above) Graphics Cards on Ubuntu
- Configuring Nvidia Cards on Ubuntu
- Configuring Nvidia Cards With Properiatry Drivers from nvidia.com
- Configuring Matrox (Parhelia-based) Graphics Cards on Ubuntu